Saturday, November 17, 2012

5 months

Friday, November 16 I turned 5 months old.  This past month was a big month in the sleep department. Once Mom and I were back in Saudi and over jet-lag the pack-n-play was put away and I started sleeping in my own room all alone.  Of course this was harder on Mom than it was on me.  However, what was great about this change is that we now have a bed time routine.  I get my last bottle around 9pm and we head up to my room and we read a couple books. Then I get rocked to sleep and most of the time someone sings me a song.  Most nights Dad has decided this is his job but occasionally Mom steals me and puts me to bed. Another sleep change had to do with my changes.  One night Mom watched me flip myself from my back to my stomach while swaddled so she knew it was time to set me free.  I now sleep completely un-swaddled!  Of course this means I sleep on my side or my stomach all the time now. Well, here are my 5 month stats:

Jacob’s Stats:

Age: 5 months
Weight: 16lbs
Length: ??
Eye Color: deep blue
Hair color: Ash blonde
Eating Schedule: 5 oz  5 times/day

New Activities: Jacob now sleeps completely un-swaddled and in his own room. He is now wearing mostly 6 month clothes. Jacob is much more wiggly and we have learned why certain items have restraints and not to leave him unconfined places. He wants to eat sitting up and facing out and DOES NOT want to be laid down.  He still enjoys playing on his play mat but has started playing in a jumper and enjoys being upright to play.  He wants to see the world. He laughs, plays peek-a-boo, blows raspberries, and is super smiley.  Most of his hair is growing back. He is a cute, happy boy!









No comments:

Post a Comment