Friday, November 16, 2012

Note from Mom


My Baby Boy, 
  I just want to capture your current state of life right now while I can vividly remember. 

You are the sweetest, cutest baby in the entire world.  Everywhere we go we get compliments on how smiley and happy you are.  I'm always getting asked if you are "always this happy" to which I get to respond with a definite yes.  Right now you like playing on your play mat but tend to roll from your back to your tummy quickly and then get mad.  You enjoy standing and being able to see the world around you. The toys where you can stand and play are your favorite right now. We like to play peek-a-boo and listen to you laugh over and over again. I could listen to you laugh for hours.  Every time I sing to you "A Bushel and a Peck" you smile real big when I say Peck.  It's worth singing that silly song just to see you smile. I love watching you and Dad play. I also love that Dad plays with you more like boys play by throwing you in the air and tossing you around. You of course, think it is so much fun. Sometimes you enjoy sitting on our bed and watching Baby Einstein videos when Mom needs some time to get ready.  I'm so grateful that you are so willing to do different things to help out Mom.

I love taking you out shopping with me because you are almost always pleasant.  I think  you enjoy getting to see something new and different.  Of course, everything here in Saudi is pretty different but I guess to you right now it's just normal.  The Saudi people just love talking to you and making you smile at them.  I love that you are not discriminatory about who you will smile at. If they talk to you, you are happy. 

When you are tired you like to cuddle and sleep on Mommy but sometimes you fight sleep.  I can typically calm you down with a song.  I've never thought of myself as a singer but you seem to really like it, so I do it for you.  We sing "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", and "You are My Sunshine".  My favorite song to sing you is "You are my Sunshine".  I sing the first verse normal and then change it up. 
Your are my sunshine, My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

You are my sweet boy, My precious sweet boy
You make me happy everyday
You'll never know dear, How much I love you
Please don't take my sweet boy away

You are my Jacob, My precious Jacob
You make me happy everyday
You'll never know Jake, How much I love you
Please don't take my Jacob away

At night for bed time we put you in your cute PJ's, rock you in the rocker and read you some books. Of course you aren't that interested in books yet but I think you enjoy listening to us talk.  Most nights Dad likes to put you to bed since he doesn't get to see you all day like Mom does. 

I can't even express how much our world has changed since you were born and how wonderful is that change. It's hard to remember life without you. We pray for you everyday. We love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment