*This post is for our boy to have in his book and for us to be able to remember each age and time period. It may be boring to outsiders.
Hello my sweet boy! You are 8 1/2 months old right now and just so much fun. There are so many things about you and your personality at this point in your life that I don't want to forget.
You are the happiest, smiliest baby. All anyone has to do is smile at you or talk to you and you smile back. You love to talk and babble. Your favorite sounds are ba, da, and squeals. I keep trying to get you to say "mama" but you smile at me and laugh.
You love to play with your toys by yourself. You are great at playing on your own. You have this big barn thing with a door that you can crawl through. This barn has little shapes that are planted like vegetables and you can't stand it when the vegetables are in their correct place. The barn also has a basket that holds fake eggs. You also can't stand it when the eggs are in the basket. Come to think of it, you don't like for any toy to be "put together". Your rings are always off the ring holder and blocks can't be stacked. One of your favorite things to do is throw the eggs around the house and chase them.
You still army crawl and only occasionally crawl correctly but you know how to get where you want to go in a hurry. Our villa has two steps in-between the kitchen and your play room and also the foyer and the dinning you room. For a long time you would sit at the bottom of the steps and talk to them. I would joke that you were telling them how one day you would conquer them. Well, that day came and you climbed the steps. Now I can't keep you off the steps. It's your favorite place to play. One of your favorite things to do is to take a toy up the steps with you. It's like your own personal challenge. Of course you haven't quite figured out how to go down the steps which is giving Mom a heart attack. But you are a determined little boy and I want you to keep exploring, learning, and playing.
You have a little bike that you can ride or walk behind. It plays a few different songs, honks, and has engine noises. Recently you have started really enjoying playing on it and even trying to get on it by yourself. While riding the bike was one of the first times I saw you attempt to dance. You bounced up and down while sitting and listening to The Beatles, "ticket to ride". After that, I put on a Beatles cd and keep trying to get you to dance. You occasionally dance a little by bouncing up and down or swaying side to side. It's so cute!
You laugh at the most random things. You love to laugh at people sneezing, fake or real. You laugh when I fake hiccup or if I say "Boo" to scare you. You laugh when Mom tries to dance. You laugh when I blow raspberries on your belly. You laugh when I "steal your kisses". One night you laughed hysterically when Dad would throw a soft toy at you and hit you. Sometimes when I'm holding you I watch tv and end up laughing loud. You like to look back at me and laugh too. You have the best most contagious laugh.
For some reason you still hate getting your diaper changed. I've tried everything to get you to stop flipping out but you are determined. However, you love baths! You love playing with your bath toys and splashing.
You have started pulling up on everything. The coffee table, couch, toys, chairs, anything you can reach. You even tried to transfer from the coffee table to the couch but didn't make it. I'm sure you will be doing that soon. You are growing up too fast!
You eat solid foods at lunch time and dinner time. Your favorites are carrots, sweet potato, apples. You also eat green beans, sweet peas, bananas. I started giving you chicken but you aren't sure what to think of that yet. You LOVE puffs. You bounce up and down in your high chair when I pull out the puffs. You still get 4-5 bottles a day but the bottle at dinner is hit or miss. You have two bottom teeth and a third one is starting to come in.
You take a morning nap which is sometimes really short and sometimes and hour or more. We tend to be out and about during your morning nap so it isn't as consistent. Sometimes you really fight taking this nap. You also take an afternoon nap around 3:45pm-6:00pm. You almost never fight this nap and go right to sleep.
Dad and I start getting you ready for bed around 8:45 with a bottle, putting your pajamas on, and reading you books. We love to read you "Guess How Much I Love You", "Are You My Mother", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", and your baby bear "Bible". After books we rock you, sing to you, and then put you to bed. I still sing "You Are My Sunshine" every time I put you to bed. Lots of nights you spend another 15 minutes talking to yourself in bed. We love to listen to you on the monitor and laugh. You are usually asleep between 9:30 and 10 and wake up around 8am.
Jake, you bring so much joy to our lives. I never imagined I could enjoy playing with a baby all day long and not want to do anything else. It's so much fun to watch you explore, learn, and grow. I can't wait to see what the next few months bring. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment