Friday, April 5, 2013

First Easter

I celebrated my first Easter here in Saudi Arabia.  As you know, Saudi doesn't openly allow Easter celebrations so we had to do some of our own here on the compound.  Some sweet ladies were kind enough to put on a compound wide Easter egg hunt.  Mom was excited to get me all dressed up and take me out to hunt eggs. One of my favorite toys in our house are fake plastic eggs so Mom was hopeful I would be at least slightly interested.  That's exactly what I was, slightly interested.  I found myself an egg or two and that was all I needed. After that I was content to watch the other kids hunt eggs and sit and take pictures. 







One of my Eater gifts this year was my basket with my name on it.  I loved playing with it!  Mom of course made me sit with it in some strange places to take more pictures.









The next day was Good Friday but since our weekends are Thursday/Friday we celebrated Good Friday and Easter in the same day.  We started the morning by going to a service.  Here we learned the true meaning of Easter!  Mom and Dad also spent the whole week reading to me from my various baby Bibles and reminding me of why we celebrate.  

Friday morning before we left for service I received my first Easter basket! It was filled with eggs, a book, and a swimsuit!


After our service, we went over to the Perry's to continue our celebration.  I enjoyed playing with all my friends.



Brooklyn


Savannah

Jack

Gavin 
Aden

Miles 
Dan with Luke and Miles

 Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment